Positive Behaviour Support NDIS in Melbourne
A nurturing environment helps young individuals with complex needs to develop essential life skills, build resilience, and create a path towards personal achievement. Through behaviour support services, one can create a lasting change in the lives of participants by being a reliable companion. At Auslife Care, we offer NDIS Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) as an integral part of our comprehensive care approach to our clients in Melbourne.
We are dedicated to being a guiding force in supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live life with dignity. Our team firmly believes that everyone deserves to be understood and given the opportunity to achieve their goals, irrespective of their challenges. Through our PBS services, we aim to build meaningful connections and help our participants to lead fulfilling lives.
What is Positive Behaviour Support NDIS?
The NDIS behaviour support employs evidence-backed methods to help individuals who exhibit challenging behaviours. This approach is intended to facilitate positive behavioural changes by addressing the underlying causes of these behaviours, rather than relying solely on corrective measures. The goal is to enhance the individual’s quality of life by teaching them new skills, improving communication, and fostering a supportive environment. PBS aims to promote adaptive behaviours by aligning with the principles of dignity, respect, and person-centred care.
How to Get NDIS Funding for Positive Behaviour Support?
Behaviour Support can be funded through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) as a part of Improved Relationships, a sub-category under Capacity Building. Depending on your NDIS plan, we may offer behaviour support services even if you are funded under the Improved Daily Living category. Our services are available regardless of NDIS funding, but please note that Medicare rebates do not apply. If necessary, you can request a fee-for-service quote.
To secure NDIS funding for PBS, start by confirming your eligibility and undergoing an assessment. If PBS is identified as needed, include it in your NDIS plan. Develop a behaviour support plan with a specialist, submit it for approval, and once approved, choose a registered provider like us to implement the plan. Also, keep in mind that regular reviews ensure effectiveness.
NDIS Positive Behaviour Support Service: Fostering Positive Change
We are committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities. Our NDIS behaviour support service is designed to nurture growth, enhance skills, and cultivate a positive outlook for the future. By addressing challenging behaviours with compassion and evidence-based strategies, we empower participants to thrive in their communities and live confidently.
NDIS positive behaviour support service aims to reduce challenging behaviours by:
- Comprehensive Behavior Assessment: Our disability support workers conduct a thorough behaviour assessment to understand the root causes of challenging behaviours and develop personalised intervention plans.
- Individualised Behavior Plans: We create individualised behaviour support plans that outline specific strategies to address challenging behaviours and promote positive alternatives.
- Skill Development Training: Participants receive skill development training to enhance their coping mechanisms, communication, and social interaction skills.
- Family and Caregiver Support: We provide support and guidance to families and caregivers, equipping them with the knowledge to reinforce positive behaviours at home.
- Collaborative Team Approach: We work closely with families, therapists, and other professionals involved in the participant’s care to ensure a collaborative and holistic approach.
- Positive Reinforcement Strategies: Our team implements positive reinforcement strategies to encourage positive behaviours and achievements.
- Crisis Intervention and Management: We are equipped to handle crises with sensitivity, providing timely intervention and support.
- Skill Generalisation: our experts focus on generalising newly acquired skills across different environments to promote consistency and long-term positive change.
- Training and Workshops: We conduct training sessions and workshops for participants, families, and caregivers to enhance their understanding regarding the management of challenging behaviours.
- Ongoing Support and Monitoring: Our support doesn’t end with intervention; we provide ongoing monitoring and follow-up to ensure sustained progress and success.
Why Choose Auslife Care for Behaviour Support?
When it comes to behaviour support, choosing Auslife Care is a decision that promises personalised and compassionate assistance. We empower individuals to overcome challenging behaviours, foster positive change, and establish trusting relationships. Our team is dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of those we serve, providing the support and care they need.
What Sets Us Apart?
Here is how we provide exceptional behaviour support to our clients:
- Person-Centred Strategies: Our behaviour support services revolve around understanding each individual’s unique needs and challenges. Through a person-centred approach, we tailor intervention plans that address specific behaviours, promote positive alternatives, and enhance overall well-being.
- Positive Behaviour Reinforcement: We employ positive behaviour reinforcement strategies to encourage and reward desired behaviours. By recognising and reinforcing positive actions, we promote the development of constructive habits or skills.
- Behaviour Management Plans: Our experienced team creates individualised behaviour management plans, outlining effective strategies to address challenging behaviours. Moreover, they guide individuals towards positive change.
- Ongoing Support and Monitoring: Our commitment to your progress extends beyond the initial intervention. We provide continuous support and monitoring to track behavioural improvements, making necessary adjustments to ensure sustained success.
Contact Us to Discuss NDIS Behaviour Support Services
If you or your loved one needs assistance with NDIS Behaviour Support services, Auslife Care is the one to turn to in Melbourne. Our team is prepared to provide the necessary support, whether it be for personal care services, NDIS Mental health services, or disability care. Contact us on 0392 216 232 or at email@example.com and let us know how we can be of service.